Task 1: Things are changing all the time and sometimes things may change beyond our imagination. Can you describe one thing you think you would never do ten years ago? (时刻比照题，论题参阅机经猜测Task 1第2题)
Task 2: Children should listen to or read news at an early age. Do you agree or disagree with such a statement? Give your specific explanation in your response.
1. The university provides three kinds of service to students:
1) Concerts performed by students
2) Drama played by theatre students
3) Lecture given by a well-known professor
Which one do you prefer? Use details and examples to explain.
2. What kind of strategy do you use to handle an overwhelming amount of work?
3. Describe the greatest period of your life and explain why.
4. The school allows students to keep pets in their dorms. Do you think it is good or not?
5. Which of the following jobs would you like to do in your city?
1) Clean up the city
2) Build more bicycle trails
3) Plant more trees
6. What do you think is the biggest challenge for a student when they study and how to solve that challenge?
7. What is the most important habit that parents can teach their children?
8. What are the advantages and disadvantages of expelling students from their school if they are caught cheating in exams?
9. How will you be different five years in the future than you are now?
10. Which one of the following volunteer work would you prefer doing?
1) Tutoring children
2) Driving senior citizens around
3) Teaching adults to read
11. If your university is going to invite someone to give a speech, who do you think they should invite?
1) A businessman
2) A scientist
3) A politician
12. Which one of the following do you think the university should reward?
1) Volunteer service
2) Athletic achievement
3) Academic performance
13. What activity do you think can cultivate children's sense of responsibility?
14. Describe an occasion in your country where people give gifts to each other and a kind of gift that’s common.
15. Your university will sponsor one of the following activities for students, an outdoor camping night, a music festival for students to experience the local culture or a computer game competition in the dormitory. Which one do you think it's the best to establish new friendship and solidarity among students and why? Please include details and examples in your explanation.
16. What do you think is the best way for the tourists to know a city? ·
1) Taking an organized tour，
2) Visiting the museums in the city
3) Walking down the city streets
17. Some trains now have quiet cars where passengers are not allowed to speak loudly and use cell phones, laptops or other mobile devices that produce sound. Do you think this is a good idea? Explain why or why not.
18. Your professor asks you to help him with his research project, but on that day you have promised your sister to attend her birthday party. How will you choose?
19. Which one do you think has much more impact in reducing the environmental contamination? Government, organizations or individuals?
20. Describe the best way for you to deal with disagreement with your friend.
1. Do you agree that wealthy people should be required to help poor people?
2. Some people think that business and industry need to be developed, even if the development of them affect environment; other people think that environment need to be protected from the development of business and industry. What do you think?
3. Some people prefer to shop in big shopping malls. Others prefer smaller shops. Which do you prefer? Explain why in details.
4. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? it’s impolite to make calls or send text messages on a dinner table. Explain in details.
5. Do you agree with the statement? It is easier for people today to lead a healthy life than people of 100 years ago.
6. Some people prefer to watch entertainment programs on TV. Others prefer to watch educational programs. Which do you prefer? Explain why.
7. Some people like to purchase a product they like as soon as the product is available in the market. Some, however, prefer to wait until the price of the product becomes more accessible. Which way do you prefer?
8. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Friends can maintain friendship even if they have disagreements.
9. Some people prefer live music; while others prefer recorded music. Which do you prefer and why? Please include reasons and examples to support your response.
10. Some people believe technology has brought people closer and others believe that technology actually isolate people. Which one do you agree with? Explain why.
11. When having an assignment or project to do, some people prefer to finish it long before the due date. Others prefer to start doing it right before the deadline. Which one do you prefer and why?
12. If you have a misunderstanding with your friend, do you prefer talking it out in a public place or in a private place?
13. Do you agree or disagree that it's acceptable for students to disagree with their instructors?
14. Do you agree or disagree that the boss should keep a close friendship with employees?
15. Which do you think is more important: spend more time accompanying your families or working and studying?
16. Which do you prefer: new books or second-hand books?
17. Do you agree or disagree that young children should leave home to stay with relatives and friends for a short period of time?
18. Do you agree or disagree that it is important for young people to learn skills like cooking, sewing and caring for others?
19. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: Schools need to encourage students to be more creative and use imagination to b e successful person?
20. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Traveling to new places would be a pleasant memory instead of a time-consuming and energy-burning task.