1. Which of the qualities that the parents or family members can help you develop.
2. There are several ways you can get to know a country without travelling abroad. Which of the following ways would you like to choose?
1) Reading books
2) Watching videos
3) Joining online communication groups
Choose one and explain why.
3. What should parents do to help their children to succeed in school?
4. Describe a common mistake that experienced teacher often make.
5. Imagine that you have to stop using cellphone for a month, would that be difficult for you?
6. Which of the following has the greatest impact on students’ life?
1) electronic books
2) smart phones
3) online courses
7. Which of the following art classes would you be more interested in taking: wood sculpture, painting or photography?
8. Which of the following classes is the most attractive to students?
1) Sound engineering
2) History of rock music
3) Film studies
9. If you can have a part-time job at the university, what position would you choose: a lab assistant, a campus tour guide or a library assistant?
of the following study methods do you think is the most productive?
1) Having discussions with friends
2) Reading textbooks
3) Writing reports.
11. Which of the following attributes would you consider the most valuable in your roommates?
1) being friendly
2) being quite
3) has a good hygiene habit
12. Which of the following three behaviors would you consider the most negative for kids?
1) Being selfish
2) Saying impolite things
3) Speaking loudly in public
13. Describe the best way for you to deal with disagreement with your friend.
14. Your friend has a bad eating habit. What suggestions would you like to give this friend?
15. Which of the following do you think the school should build to improve student life?
1) swimming pool
16. Which one of the following qualities do you think a good school should have? Students who like to help each other, knowledgeable teachers or strict rules.
17. Which one of the following do you think the university should reward? Volunteer service, athletic achievement or academic performance?
18. If a foreign friend is going to visit your hometown and doesn’t know what to pack, what suggestions do you have for him?
19. Which do you think is the best way for students to know about Italian culture?
1) cooking class
2) movie class
3) history class
20. What can we do to solve air pollution problems?
1. Do you agree or disagree that the determining factor that the successful of students in school is the intelligence?
2. Do you think it is reasonable to give a lower grade to the assignment that hand in after deadline?
3. When going to concerts and movies, some prefer to go by themselves, other prefer to go with friends. Which do you prefer?
4. Do you agree or disagree that to succeed we need to make enemies?
5. Some people believe that it is better for children to grow up in big cities. Others believe that it is better for children to grow up in small towns or rural areas. What is your opinion and why? Use specific reasons and examples to support your response.
6. Some people enjoy spending their free time alone in activities such as reading, thinking or writing. Others enjoy spending their free time in shared activities with other other. Which do you prefer and why?
7. Some people prefer recording life by taking pictures or keeping diaries, others prefer doing nothing. Which one do you prefer?
8. Do you like talking to people face to face, or sending text messages or emails?
9. Do you agree or disagree that taking personal computer into class will no longer be allowed?
10. Some people like to purchase a product they like as soon as the product is available in the market. Some, however, prefer to wait until the price of the product becomes more accessible. Which way do you prefer?
11. Agree or disagree: if children do well in school, parents should give them money as rewards.
12. Do you agree or disagree with the statement that bicycles will be less and less popular in modern society?
13. Some people prefer to make plans about social activities with their friends in advance. Others prefer to make decisions when they meet each other. Which way do you prefer and why?
14. Do you agree or disagree with the statement that people should dress following fashion trends?
15. Some think robots are useful in the future. Some think robots will never be more useful and smarter than human. Which do you agree?
16. Some people prefer to study in a lecture that’s very informative but boring, others prefer to study in a lecture that’s less informative but interesting. Which one do you prefer? Explain why.
17. Agree or disagree: when reaching 65 years old, people should not be allowed to work any more?
18. Some students prefer to take a test where they must write an essay to a question. Other students prefer to take a test with objective questions. Which type of exam question do you prefer? Give reasons and examples in your explanation.
19. When having an assignment or project to do, some people prefer to finish it long before the due date; others prefer to start doing it right before the deadline. Which one do you prefer and why?
20. Some people like to befriend people who share the same opinion. Others like to befriend someone who holds different ideas. Which do you prefer?